Manchester Jobs Board
Are you an experienced Software Tester (Dev Ops), who is looking to work in a fast paced, global, market leading company?
Here at Innovative Technology, we have an excellent opportunity for a Software Tester (Dev Ops) to join our talented team in our global head office in Oldham, Manchester.
We’re heading towards our 30th year here at Innovative Technology, where we now have offices on five continents and employ around 400 people, with over 100 based from our state-of-the-art R&D hub and global head office in Oldham, Manchester.
From self-service checkouts to arcade machines, we provide our retail, banking, kiosk, vending, gaming and amusement customers with products and services that help them securely accept automated payments, with our industry leading technology keeping us at the forefront of our sector.
By being true to our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Respect and Drive we’ve seen significant growth and won numerous domestic and international awards, whilst offering outstanding career opportunities and great benefits. You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with modern offices, free parking and excellent transport links.
In the role of Software Tester (Dev Ops), support in the delivery of the software test strategy on a wide range of quality assurance projects across traditional, web, and database driven applications, for our products, services and internal systems.
Responsibilities of our Software Tester (Dev Ops):
– Working closely with members of the DevOps team and the wider Software teams to prioritise deliverables and create a test strategy in line with project requirements.
– Overseeing and execute functional testing, as well as performance, scalability, stability testing on the architecture of the system, producing and maintaining documentation for functional and automation coverage.
– Perform data validation testing done by writing automation scripts.
– Producing reports, based on testing outcomes, providing analysis on defects highlighted to deduce the chain of events leading to a failure.
– Solving ongoing problems, bug diagnostics and fault diagnostics, replicating faults, doing final tests and reporting back through JIRA.
– Analysing software defect results to deduce the chain of events leading to a failure ensuring the released software is consistent with documentation and requirements.
– Participating in each phase of product meetings, from initial concept to testing, offering input on the potential pros and cons, providing recommendations to deliver on project quality.
– Keeping up to date with the latest testing software tools or methodologies that may help the business, through online research, subscriptions and seminars.
The Skills & Experience were looking for in our Software Tester (Dev Ops):
– Experience of software testing, using manual and automated tools in multiple platforms i.e. Selenium.
– Proven track record of developing and executing test plans.
– Proficiency with principles of software design.
– Aptitude for learning new technologies.
– Excellent time management, with flexibility to adapt to workloads.
– Practical approach to solving problems, with high attention to detail.
– HNC, HND or Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject.
– ISTQB certification.
– Knowledge of database, such as SQL.
Your Package & Perks:
– Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
– Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
– Limited home working available
– Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks (subject to COVID restrictions)
– 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
– Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
– Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
– Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you’re looking to develop as a Software Tester (Dev Ops)and want to join our award-winning team on the latest cutting-edge technology, we want to hear from you.
A better way… Through our people, drive and commitment we push boundaries to deliver innovative products and services
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.