Manchester Jobs Board
Our client operates as a market leader in mobile mapping and Geomatic surveying. They focus on larger scale projects using the latest digital technology with a mission to deliver a professional and personal service, regulated at all times by RICS controls and underpinned by strong ethical standards.
In their DNA, they are innovators and new technology adopters, and they are re-inventing conventional survey techniques underpinned by tried and trusted quality and safety systems.
Trading for more than 30 years, they strive to lead the market in digital surveying and service delivery, adding value to their customers at every stage of the mapping and surveying journey through an agile and dynamic approach. Their expertise is in creating flexible/bespoke/relevant/focussed solutions to complex mapping/surveying challenges.
They are in a period of continued, planned growth in existing sectors and areas of expertise combined with rapid expansion into new and leading-edge areas of the mapping and engineering process.
As a Senior Land Surveyor, you should have the ability to plan and execute small to medium-sized projects and manage timescales. You will be required to efficiently organise and maintain field survey teams and equipment to complete project tasks. A Senior Surveyor needs to have the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team. You need to be prepared to work in high-pressure environments, maintaining composure in order to deliver to deadlines. Flexibility in working hours, the willingness to travel and to work outside in adverse weather conditions are all essential requirements of this role. This role will consist of 70% site to 30% office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work without direct day to day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority
* Manage and undertake Topographical surveys
* Capture 3D Point Cloud data using various techniques such as terrestrial, rail mounted and vehicle-mounted laser scanners
* Experience with robotic total stations, static and Network RTK GNSS receivers, optical and digital levelling
* Processing ability in a range of the following software’s; N4CE, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet
* The ability to prepare and process final CAD and point cloud deliverables
* You will be working in the following environments; rail, highways, aviation, buildings and utilities
* Planning and managing your own time and the team diary to ensure all sites needs can be met efficiently
* During the induction period, you will obtain your CSCS and PTS as a minimum requirement
Skills & Qualifications Required:
* A relevant technical degree in surveying or a related discipline, with experience in a similar role, however, candidates with suitable skills and proven experience will be considered.
* Over five years’ experience in Land surveying experience in various sectors of the construction industry
* Proficient in the use of Trimble / Leica Total stations & GNSS
* Proficient in the use N4ce, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet (Desirable)
* Excellent numeracy with the ability to make mathematical calculations and to understand and interpret data
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels
* Proficient IT skills using Microsoft office
* Excellent organisational and leadership skills
* Commitment to working safely with good health and safety awareness
* The ability to provide training and support to junior team members
* The desire to develop within a team-orientated environment
* Full UK Driving Licence
The ideal candidate will be rewarded with a generous benefits scheme, a training programme and a competitive salary based on your experience, skills and qualifications
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.