Manchester Jobs Board
Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting for an Accounts Administrator for a rapidly expanding freight forwarding company based in Eccles. Ideally you will have worked with in a transport/logistics company but this is not essential.
Working hours – Monday – Friday 09:00-17:30
Main purpose of the role:
The successful candidate will manage operations and maintain and control Sales & Purchase ledgers effectively in accordance with company procedures and credit policy, reducing collection time, minimising bad debt risk, and operating an efficient Accounts Payable function, In accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients, suppliers and the management of the company
* Achieve and maintain an acceptable age of debt and level of bad loss.
* Prepare all customer files for invoicing, charging and allocate charges / subcons where necessary
* Credit check new and existing customers to assess credit worthiness.
* Liaise with other offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
* Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of IT systems, email, telephone, and social media) with internal and external customers, suppliers and other offices as required by operational procedures.
* Advise management/operations of any potential bad debts in order to minimise loss.
* Determine any detail of a dispute which may delay payment and ensure resolution
* Oversee the cash collection function, ensuring that targets are achieved whilst retaining customer goodwill
* Produce accurate and timely reports when required and as appropriate.
* Process all payments received on a daily basis (e.g. banking/cash allocation/contra) as inter-company timescale and requirements
* Communicate with all stakeholders in the delivery process.
* Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment and within legislative compliance in all areas
* Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing, filing, queries in accordance with the companies’ requirements.
* Carry out any other duties/task which may be required by the Management to develop and promote the company in every way possible.
* 3 years work experience with in a similar position
* Credit control and accounts payable experience
* Working with systems such as SAGE and Microsoft office packages
* You must be a good communicator and have great interpersonal skills
* High level off numeracy and literacy
* Good attention to detail
* 30 days holiday including bank holidays
* Casual dress code
* On-site parking/close to tram stop
If you feel like you would be suitable for this role or you would like to know more, please apply or call (phone number removed)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.